The parents of a toddler who was strangled by the cord of a window blind are demanding the Government bans them to stop the tragedy happening to another family.
Three-year-old Harrison Joyce was at home in Lichfield, Staffordshire, last month when he caught his neck in the cord to the blind.
His family desperately tried to revive him but could not save him.
"Every precaution we could think of we did" said dad, Scott.
He told Sky News: "What we didn't realise was we had roughly 50 of these killer blinds in the windows and that is exactly what they are."
Incredibly another 16-month-old youngster Lillian Bagnall-Lambe died in a similar fashion just five days later at her home in nearby Stafford.
The Joyce family say their research since the tragedy has shown five window blind-related deaths in the UK and Ireland in the last 12 months.
Harrison was three when he died
They are now campaigning to urge other parents to "cut the cord" on blinds already in people's homes and for manufacturers to be banned from making cords that could pose a danger to children.
In a statement, the British Blind and Shutter Association insisted their members all adhere to a voluntary code that incorporates child safety.
The statement also said that the whole industry should "ensure that the products they supply conform to the European Standard and that appropriate advice is provided to consumers to aid their choice".
But the Joyce family would like to see the Government act to outlaw looped cords on window blinds.
"Our advice is to look around your home from a child's point of view," said Jo Stagg from the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents.
"That can really help you to spot hazards that you might have missed such as a looped blind cord hanging at your waist height which is at the height of your toddler's neck."
For more information on Harrison's Law campaign visit www.harrisonslaw.co.uk
For further safety advice visit the BBSA website www.makeitsafe.org.uk
All Xpress Blinds products are BBSA approved.